Saturday, November 03, 2007

Asian Americans for Obama

Last week I attended an Obama rally.

I was bit by the OBAMA BUG because when I left, I felt fired up. I felt good.

It's a week later and I still feel fired up.

What felt so good?

I don't know. Maybe it was when he said, "Most politicians count on you on not believing. They bet you on being jaded and disinterested. They want you to be apathetic. This way you feel so disempowered you don't want to do anything. This enables them to sound like they're going to solve your problems and when they can't, claim the issues are too large for one person."

Let's be honest. It's all about perception in politics. But I'm looking to cast a vote for someone that I actually believe in and holds that miniscule possibility of doing some good for this desperately seeking country.

H/T to Angry Asian Man for the heads up.

Obama's campaign created Asian American and Pacific Islanders National Leadership Council and where some notable AA and API folks are endorsing this presidential candidate. Read more on his site here.

What else can I say? I was swept away by the debates, his rally, and this newest piece of news.

I'm shameless too. I can't help it. I think he's quite dreamy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there,
Before you leave a comment, just remember two things:
1. You are taking responsibility for a public comment
2. Anything that resembles racism, homophobia, classism, ableism, or anything based from religion, citizenship, or ethnic bias - don't bother commenting, you'll be deleted.