Monday, January 22, 2007

The Burning Questions of Bingo Brown

I once read a book, probably 15 years ago, that left a deep impression on me. What I remember about it are two things: 1) I loved it and 2) questions of any order are necessary and invaluable.

Bingo asks questions in Seinfeld fashion. It's about nothing and awesome all at once. My favorite page of the book is the one that has drawn-out details of Bingo's footpath from his desk to the pencil sharpener that would waste the most time in class and also so he could walk by one of his three crushes. The book is about nothing. I completely resonated with its futile wonderings.

So, I am going to resurrect the Burning Questions. Beginning with this:

Is it wrong, truly wrong, to hate something when there is no resolution, no possible confrontation, closure, or even a revisit to make it right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there,
Before you leave a comment, just remember two things:
1. You are taking responsibility for a public comment
2. Anything that resembles racism, homophobia, classism, ableism, or anything based from religion, citizenship, or ethnic bias - don't bother commenting, you'll be deleted.