Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Open Stage

So, unless another blogobomb goes off for feminists, I am hoping to move along in my blog. By "move along," my intentions are to go back to a more healthy level of blogging in terms of both writing and reading. During the past several weeks, I have been more in tune with a comment thread than calling my own parents. I've thought more about feminism and oppression than any other facet of my offline life. Not not healthy. For now, I'm not taking a hiatus, but getting back to a more regular posting speed - a well thought out, long post about a specific topic a week and shorter links scattered around it. This is my attempt to practice what I've been preaching: tranformation takes time and it takes deep listening. For me, that doesn't translate into a million posts a week. The transformative practice of writing also takes focus and intentionality.

I would like to open it up for suggestions on what you would like to see on my blog. I'd like to do a free write based off of a question or topic that is not my own. What kinds of questions are left unanswered that can push us forward? What issues got swept under the rug in the room full of shouting? I'm open to suggestions! Give me some questions to ruminate - post them here or email me.

Only one rule: see picture above.

4 comments:

  1. Advanced studies of kryiarchy.

    *waiting eagerly with pen and pad*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:33 PM

    I second the kyriarchy suggestion, and I'd also love to see the listening idea of the last post unpacked a little more, e.g. when is it necessary to be silent, how do we incorporate listening into our day-to-day, on-the-ground work, etc. It's something I've thought about for a long time and would love to hear your thoughts on in greater depth.

    Thank you for your blog and for your work. It's a safe haven in the blogosphere turmoil of the past month.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:36 PM

    Hopefully people can follow your lead with an awareness that may have been absent before.

    Just wanted to say that I'm very pleased to have found your site during this latest event, as I'm finding your level of insight very instructive, not to mention the specific vibe and style of writing. Glad I found you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1) Sent you an email.

    2) I'd like to see some acknowledgment from SOME corner of the web, that people over 50 really do exist.

    3) Sorry for whining in #2.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there,
Before you leave a comment, just remember two things:
1. You are taking responsibility for a public comment
2. Anything that resembles racism, homophobia, classism, ableism, or anything based from religion, citizenship, or ethnic bias - don't bother commenting, you'll be deleted.