Friday, August 22, 2008

Calling for Help: How to Organize a Photo Exhibit

I am open to any and all advice, direction, and need to hear from experienced folks who know what needs to happen to organize and plan a photo exhibit from scratch.

I have been shooting with my SLR for roughly 2 months and would really like to have a photo exhibit of my experience in the Philippines and donate the proceeds to womyn's orgs who fight violence against womyn.

Any and all help is appreciated!

In gratitude,


  1. I'm useless for this kind of advice, but if I needed help for a photo exhibit, I would email Devious Diva.

  2. Anonymous10:16 AM

    I can't wait!

    Three suggestions:

    Blog: The Mustard Seed: They just did an exhibit on white privilege:

    Patricia Izzo: Patricia has a gallery, she may be interested in exhibiting your work. You can tell her I referred you (the same with Brenda).

    Brenda Oelbaum: Let me know if you want her email address.

    Tons of love,



Hey there,
Before you leave a comment, just remember two things:
1. You are taking responsibility for a public comment
2. Anything that resembles racism, homophobia, classism, ableism, or anything based from religion, citizenship, or ethnic bias - don't bother commenting, you'll be deleted.