Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Factual Hierarchy

My camera is better than yours.

That's all there is to it. I have no idea what you own, what brand, what lens, or how awesome you think it is. Mine is better.

I know this because I assembled mine last night and nearly bowed before it once I glimpsed its power. It is that good. I was taking pictures of everything: stockings on the mantel, a sleeping Adonis, and even birds - despite the fact that I have a deeply running river of fear for birds in my bones.

Ahhh, creativity in my hands. It is indeed a gift. This is my fourth camera in 2 years. I tried to find a name that conveys joy, preciousness, and intimacy. Also, the name must communicate my insane over-protection.

I have named it Baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there,
Before you leave a comment, just remember two things:
1. You are taking responsibility for a public comment
2. Anything that resembles racism, homophobia, classism, ableism, or anything based from religion, citizenship, or ethnic bias - don't bother commenting, you'll be deleted.