Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Happy Birthday, A Womyn's Ecdysis!

Two years ago, I stumbled into blog land and discovered a small pocket of the world where I was allowed to write my name and call it whatever I wanted.

A space, my most prized shelf where some of my innermost thoughts take refuge at the highest peak where no one can touch it. The shelf is mine alone.

Two years ago, "Sudy" was born and in that time have taken a rollercoaster ride into the heart of women and found a deeper, stronger voice. I like Sudy. She's fierce, she's respectful. She's the best parts of me. I don't know who I'd be if she was never born. She's given me many unforeseen gifts and introduced me to some of the most brilliant writers and thinkers out there. What I like most about Sudy is that she is unafraid. She's unafraid without being naive. She's unafraid because she knows that deep inside, answers lie, it just takes time to cultivate and express them.

Happy Birthday, A Womyn's Ecdysis!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:00 AM

    happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:52 PM

    Happy Birthday, Hermana!

    Adele

    ReplyDelete
  3. *does a belated birthday dance*
    i am so thankful that you blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Sudy! I've been catching up on your journey...backwards. Sending you strength, love and all the sugar in my blood.
    love,
    lex

    ReplyDelete

Hey there,
Before you leave a comment, just remember two things:
1. You are taking responsibility for a public comment
2. Anything that resembles racism, homophobia, classism, ableism, or anything based from religion, citizenship, or ethnic bias - don't bother commenting, you'll be deleted.