Wednesday, May 28, 2008

This Seriously JUST Happened

I was leaving a comment on a blog about feminism.  I try to practice what I preach and use comments as an avenue of supporting other writers and bloggers.  At times, I get nervous that what I'm conveying will be distorted or misunderstood - one of the many hazards of online communication.


As soon as I was done writing, I did one of those letter verification thingys to affirm my non-spam intentions.  And lo and behold guess what my letters were in the mix:

*F U C K * U *

Oh my.

I was startled for a moment and then laughed by booty off.

Happy Hump Day!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:31 AM

    That's awesome! My best one was 'jizzm'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time, screen grab* that baby! haha!!


    * hit the print screen button, then click paste while you're in a paint/graphic program.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:30 PM

    That's hilarious.

    I'm not particularly happy with letter verification (also known as "captcha"); it's hard to use for those with visual or certain learning disabilities. Captcha locks a lot of people from commenting on blogs as a result. I think this is true even if the letter verification provides a "disabled" option.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there,
Before you leave a comment, just remember two things:
1. You are taking responsibility for a public comment
2. Anything that resembles racism, homophobia, classism, ableism, or anything based from religion, citizenship, or ethnic bias - don't bother commenting, you'll be deleted.