Saturday, December 01, 2007

Filipina Takes Action; Frannie Richards Up Against Fil-Am H&M Lawyer

h/t AAM

Remember Frannie Richards?

She's the women who is bringing up charges against H&M for discrimination a few month ago. After encountering an H&M associate with a slew of racist and sexist comments, Richards has taken action.

H&M has now recruited a Filipino lawyer Joseph J. Centeno, to represent their case. Centeno, a partner with Obermayer Rebmann Maxwell & Hippel LLP in Philadelphia, is - GET THIS - Commissioner to the Philadelphia Human Relations Commission. He is friggin' in charge of enforcing anti-discrimination ordinances and HE'S THE ONE REPRESENTING H&M.

I'm trying not to drop f-bombs, but WHAT THE ---- IS THIS?

So the case of Filipina vs. H&M and Filipino lawyer is set.

I can officially say that this disgusts me to the bone.

Centeno - This is a slap in the face to Frannie Richards and to many Filipinos everywhere.

1 comment:

  1. You're kidding, right? How is this even possible? I...I don't even know what the hell to say about this.

    *sigh*

    When I lived in Chicago, my best friend was Filipino. Her family still lives there. I can't stop picturing her going through this and getting madder and madder. I hope that Richards gets justice, somehow, even though I'm very skeptical that it's even going to be possible. Still, I'm glad she's pursuing the case.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there,
Before you leave a comment, just remember two things:
1. You are taking responsibility for a public comment
2. Anything that resembles racism, homophobia, classism, ableism, or anything based from religion, citizenship, or ethnic bias - don't bother commenting, you'll be deleted.