Monday, October 22, 2007

Pinay Power Here

I just surfed the web for nearly 2 hour straight after I googled "Pinay News."

Two things:

Good LAWD there's a lot out there

and

Good LAWD there's not much out there.

Let's start with the positive:
Smiling and proud, I am glad to say my list of Pinay resources in my link list is growing. Just in case more Pinays decide to stop by, you can find a healthy and growing abundance of goodness right here. There are several threads and blogs out there that provide strong, live evidence of the Pinay fighting spirit. Mabuhay! ::brown fists throw high::

The downers:
Frowning and brow furrowed, my search confirms my belief that Filipinas are still fighting the domestic and degraded sex-idol image. There are only mountains ahead. The erotic and exotic Filipina concept simply drenches the internet right now. And I'm on a campaign to change that. I'm going to entitle my posts with as many Pinay, Filipina, and Fil-Am, APIA women-centered issues as I can so I can make a dent in this expanding internet. Somewhere, there is a young Filipina surfing the internet just like me. I refuse to let the cheap advertisements help define her. I refuse.

There is energy out there. A lot of energy. There are artists, photographers, dancers, philosophers, and cartoonists fighting to dispel the Filipina demure image and replace it with more fierce, hilarious, intellectual REAL womyn.

Mabuhay!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:41 AM

    Hi Sudy,

    Thank you very much for dropping in and including my blog in to your list.I just added you to my blogroll as well I hope you don't mind.

    I'm 100% with you on this campaign! Way to Go Pinay!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:03 PM

    love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there is a shirt i really want to order online. it reads "I WILL NOT LOVE YOU LONG TIME."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cheh!

    Thanks for adding me in your blogroll and thanks for the support. I look forward to stopping by your site a lot more.

    ReplyDelete

Hey there,
Before you leave a comment, just remember two things:
1. You are taking responsibility for a public comment
2. Anything that resembles racism, homophobia, classism, ableism, or anything based from religion, citizenship, or ethnic bias - don't bother commenting, you'll be deleted.