Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Thanks for Now...and the Now

Should I make a list of things I am thankful for? Would that be committing blogger's sin of holy cliches? I suppose, but what the hell else do you really write about the week of the holiday where it's all about GRATITUDE. It's the one day a year where we stop the vain self-indulgence to be grateful and then we indulge in gluttony.

I am great, err, grateful for many things:
My rocking Adonis of a husband
My wewillloveyoutillyoudie family that sends me to therapy and smiley in-laws
Merce, my therapist, for throwing my shit back into my own face forcing me to deal
Health
...and all the things that I was born into benefitting: superior education, smooth skin, brittle hair, neglected cingulum tooth that is pushed back for some reason in my upper jaw, and expandable stomach to accomodate any amount of jasmine white rice...

And I'm thankful for my future, my dreams, the ones that I know, with reasonable pushing, will come come:
My future biological, adopted, and foster children
Health and ableness
Home with no knick knacks
A TV with a remote control
The arrival of my 18-200mm VR Nikkor lens
Continuation of my exploring G*d and the inevitable growth that comes with such an impossible and necessary journey

So, there. So, Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey there,
Before you leave a comment, just remember two things:
1. You are taking responsibility for a public comment
2. Anything that resembles racism, homophobia, classism, ableism, or anything based from religion, citizenship, or ethnic bias - don't bother commenting, you'll be deleted.